Woodhouse Eaves is a village located on the side of Beacon Hill, in the Charnwood Forest.
It is a sizeable rural village, having several pubs and a few local shops and refreshment outlets. The church of St Paul is a granite building with a slate roof, constructed to the designs of William Railton in 1837.
Woodhouse, often known to locals as Old Woodhouse, is a small village and civil parish in the heart of Charnwood. The village is located between the larger Woodhouse Eaves and Quorn villages and contains a mixture of small cottages (some thatched) and modern houses.
Beaumanor Hall, ancestral home of the Herrick family, was used as a listening station during the war, and intercepted signals intelligence for Bletchley Park. The oldest part of the village is the church, St Mary-in-the-Elms, which dates back to the 15th century with 17th and 19th century renovations.