Shoppers are being urged to Buy Local in Charnwood as part of a new campaign to support local high streets.
Discover Charnwood, the borough's destination brand, and Charnwood Borough Council are making the call to encourage people to spend their money locally if they can.
The campaign recognises that many people are seeking value due to the rising cost of living, but shoppers can help in small ways.
We have set up this campaign web page and there will be targeted promotions across social media and in local media.
Businesses can also get involved and get some free promotion. The campaign is offering to compile short videos featuring local businesses and share them with thousands of followers on social media. More details are below.
Reasons to buy local
There are many reasons to support local businesses, including:
1. Supports the local economy
2. Protects jobs
3. You can find something different or unique
4. Great deals and good value can be found
5. Helps the environment if you reduce travel by car
6. Local businesses often support local community events and groups
7. Local businesses can be at the heart of communities and like cafes and pubs are venues people can meet
8. They bring character and life to town and village centres
Ways you can help
1. Make a purchase – it really doesn't have to be large - a coffee, cake or a birthday card, it all counts. The Just a Card campaign is a national campaign which emphasises that small purchases can make a difference and support independent retailers.
2. Give a rave review – if you've had good service or love your favourite café, butcher or bookshop then tell someone about it. Leave a review on their website or social media profiles. Tell a friend. Take a friend to visit. You can tell the Buy Local in Charnwood campaign about a great business by tagging in Discover Charnwood, Charnwood Borough Council or Love Loughborough on social media profiles. We'll give it a share. You can also use the hashtag #BuyLocalCharnwood
Promote your business through the campaign – it’s free
As part of the Buy Local in Charnwood campaign, we will be putting together short videos featuring local businesses from Charnwood.
All you need to do is submit a photograph or video clip, tell us a bit about your business and we'll do the rest.
We will put compilations together of local businesses and share them on our social media channels. The Council has over 25,000 followers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Simply click on the link below and complete the online form.