Address: Woodhouse Lane, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12 8RS,
The Outwoods is 110 acres of ancient woodland to the south of Loughborough and is one of the oldest surviving woodland sites in Charnwood.
There are a variety of different routes and walks, including an easy access path with a bird feeding station. There is also a children's natural play area and Olivia's cafe. The north side of the ancient woodland is home to a display of beautiful bluebells during Spring every year.
The Outwoods is designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) by Natural England, which means it is protected by law to conserve its wildlife and geology. It is also part of the ancient Charnwood Forest and is the most easterly part of the National Forest.
The ancient woodland was gifted to the people of Loughborough in 1946 by two local benefactors, Allan Moss and George Harry Bowler, and is managed by the Outwoods Management Committee.